- Blight, James G., et al. To End All Wars: World War I and the League of Nations Debate. Providence: Watson Institute for International Studies, 2008. This article detailed the Treaty of Versailles and the outlooks of different countries on it. I looked in to sections involving Germany in order to learn Germany’s reaction to the treaty.
- Foley, Robert T. "BBC - History - World Wars: Blitzkrieg." BBC - Homepage. N.p., 30 Mar. 2011. Web. 27 Nov. 2012. <http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/worldwars/wwtwo/blitzkrieg_01.shtml>. This website details the use of the blitzkrieg, and the reactions of enemy towards it. It also details when and who invented the tactic.
- Gale. "Franco-Prussian War." Gale Virtual Reference Library. http://go.galegroup.com/ps/retrieve.do?sgHitCount&sort=RELEVANCE&inPS=true&prodId=GVRL&userGroupName=lom_liggett&tabID=T003&searchId=R4&resultList&contentSegment=&search¤tPosition=1&contentSet=GALE%7CCX344690031 (accessed October 13, 2012). This page summarizes the Franco-Prussian War and details strategy and weaponry in the war. It details specific tactics Prussians used in order to defeat the French, and also describes how the French fought back.
- Gale. "Austro-Prussian War." Gale Virtual Reference Library. http://go.galegroup.com/ps/retrieve.do?sgHitCount&sort=RELEVANCE&inPS=true&prodId=GVRL&userGroupName=lom_liggett&tabID=T003&searchId=R3&resultList&contentSegment=&search¤tPosition=1&contentSet=GALE%7CCX34 (accessed October 13, 2012). This webpage summarizes the Austro-Prussian War, particularly the Battle of Königgrätz, Helmuth von Moltke, and strategies used in this war.
- Farrar, L.L.. "The Strategy of the Central Powers." The First World War. New York: Viking, 2004. 26-38. Print. This chapter in Hew Strachan's First World War details the strategies the Central Powers in Europe during World War I. I focused on the section that described the strategy of the Erich von Falkenhayn and the duo Hindenburg and Ludendorff.
- Millar, James R.. Encyclopedia of Russian history. New York: Macmillan Reference USA, 2004. Print. I utilized this encyclopedia to answer my questions about the war economies that were instituted during WWI. I also viewed the chapters detailing the defeat of Russia at the hands of Germany.